Category Archives: Events
Students Research Award – 2013
This Award is an initiative of the Singapore Psychological Society to support young researchers, facilitate dialogue and maintain professional interactions between members and non-members.
Date: 19 Oct 13 (Saturday)
Participants: Students and recent graduates of Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges located in Singapore.
- Students should send the abstracts (up to 300 words) to email@example.com stating in the email subject “SRA-2013”.
- Deadline: 31 Aug 12
- The abstracts will be subjected to blind review.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent by 15 Sept 13.
- Authors of accepted works will be required to send the full papers (1500 words) by 1 Oct 13 and should be ready to present their papers in case of being the Award nominee, or prepare a poster presentation.
All papers will be published in the Student Research Award Book.
Note: group work may be also presented.
SPS members: Free
Non-SPS members (students, individual works): S$25
Non-SPS members (group papers/per submission): S$50
Non-students (attendees): S$35
Note: Payment can be provided by the institutions as well.
All the participants will
- get free admissions to the talks and workshops provided on the day of Award,
- receive certificates of attendance and electronic version of Student Research Award Book – 2013.
Format Requirement for Abstract
- Name of Author(s)
- Main abstract body: practical or scientific problem, goals, hypothesis, methodology, results, and conclusion. References should not be included in to the abstract.
Format Requirement for Full Paper
- Name of Author(s)
- Key words
- Introduction: practical or scientific problem, theoretical background goals, hypothesis.
- Methodology: participants, recruitment, methods
- Reference list (not included in word count).
Note: paper should be written in APA format
Nominations are in 5 categories
1. The Best individual work
2. The Best group work
3. The Best B.A. undergraduate research
4. The Best Specialist Diploma undergraduate research
5. Public Award (online voting)
Systemic Psychology and Family Therapy: Milan Approach
Is it possible to use systemic principles and theories in Asia (Singapore)? How a Singaporean family is a cybernetic system? How social and cultural differences influence application of Family therapy?
Singapore Psychological Society is cordially inviting you to attend presentation on Milan approach to family therapy by Mr. Luca Lombardo (Genova, Italy) and to participate in discussion of Family Therapy issues in Singapore.
The attendance certificates will be issued, light snacks will be provided.
Date: 7 May 2013
Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Venue: 51 Merchant Rd, Seminar Room 1.
Raffles College of Higher Education
SPS members – free of charge
Non-SPS participants – 10 SGD
To register: send your name, and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Register is due on 6th of May to secure your seat; walk in attendance is subject to seat availability.
The 2013 Singapore Psychological Society Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on 30th March 2013, Saturday, at Rendezvous Grand Hotel at no. 9 Bras Basah Road, Singapore 189559 at 1.00 pm. Kindly be informed that this annual general meeting is the election year to nominate and vote in council members. Each council’s term is for 2 (two) years. The incoming council members will serve from March Year 2013 – 2015.
The programme for the day is as follows:
|1.00 pm – 2.00 pm||Registration|
|2.00 pm – 3.00 pm||A panel discussion of leading, experienced psychologists in Singapore.Topic: – The future of psychological practice in Singapore: Contextual, ethical and legal issues.|
|3.00 pm – 3.30 pm||Coffee Break|
|3.30 pm – 5.30 pm||Annual General Meeting|
|5.30 pm -6.30 pm||Networking at Straits Cafe|
|6.30 pm||Buffet Dinner to commence at Straits Cafe|
AGM documents can be found on our website at
If you have any items to add into the agenda, please forward them to the Council at
email@example.com by 15th February 2013.
Similarly, if you like to make a nomination for office bearers and members, please complete the nomination form and forward to the secretariat by 28th February 2013 .
Lastly, kindly RSVP your attendance by 15th February 2013 via the online form; or alternatively you can email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or mailing to us by filling in this form and sent it to the following address:
Singapore Psychological Society
Block 531 Upper Cross Street
#03-51 Hong Lim Complex